Saturday 29 August 2015

An ocean laid bare, a heart that was devoid of love...a night robbed of its velvety dark and nest tossed away by a fierce wind. My fingers, tracing the contours of your face, in a dim lit moon, they rested on your eyes which were hollow and scant, a nose that did not heave by the touch that was so precious once, sealed lips with a set anguish that was for all to see and for me to feel; a jaw which was so firm in its emptiness of love for me. And I withdrew in haste; my sightless eyes searching your soul but all they managed was a glimpse of the whole; the whole that was but never would be. Searing looks scathing me with pain unknown, ebbing away the last breaths of my life as I choked over the tender touch and the remnants of the glass of fire and of death that you held close to me, stroking my lips with the poison of your love in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wield my power each day, To hold back my tears; craftless laughter, Reigning in my implicit trust in humans, Put on this face, that i...